The August 2017 release of the Geocoded National Address File (G-NAF) and Administrative Boundaries datasets are now available for download.
- PSMA Geocoded National Address File (G-NAF)
https://data.gov.au/dataset/geocoded-national-address-file-g-naf - external site
- PSMA Administrative Boundaries
https://data.gov.au/dataset/psma-administrative-boundaries - external site
We encourage users of the data to update to the latest versions.
We also thank users for providing feedback via a recent survey on the openly available G-NAF and Administrative Boundaries. Of the responses received:
- 41% started using the G-NAF after it became openly available;
- 73% have achieved efficiencies and/or productivity growth as a result of open access to G-NAF;
- 83% use the open G-NAF for address verification, 44% integrate it into products, 43% use it for reporting and analytics and 29% use it for application development;
- 47% have introduced new operational processes and 41% have developed new goods or services;
- 50% have further developed existing operational processes and 45% have further developed existing goods or services;
- 97% rated G-NAF data as ‘good’ to ‘very high’ quality; and
- 63% use the openly available Administrative Boundaries dataset.
Respondents indicated they are using the G-NAF data for a wide range of purposes including, planning transport services; developing new mapping applications; developing new insurance products and services for specific coverage areas; better utilisation of geocoding for property based services; integrating the data into existing business operations; and providing third party geocoded services.
This feedback provides a more in-depth understanding of the innovation, efficiencies and productivity achieved through access to the high-value spatial data.
Thank you also to those that have provided case studies of your organisations’ use of the open G-NAF and/or Administrative Boundaries datasets. Additional case studies can be forwarded to spatial [at] pmc.gov.au
Spatial Data Policy
Data and Digital Branch
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
spatial [at] pmc.gov.au